Friday, August 20, 2010

Why do people become friends, for example, why are some people friends with Sean, he's just some guy isn't he

Why do people become friends with one another, is it common interests? We find them funny? We find them intelligent?





Do we try to become friends with someone who says nice things or builds us up, or sometimes helps us and corrects us when we are doing the wrong thing?





Does size or shape matter? Does eye color matter? Does it matter if the person has a hairy back or big arm muscles?





Do we care if that person can sing or not?





Do we care what IQ that person has?





Do we like curious people more than boring people?





Does how much money a person have matter?





Why would someone want to be friends with Sean, he's just some guy isn't he?





Would it matter his religious beliefs or political beliefs?


Would it matter what his favorite football team was?


Would it matter what kind of car he drives?





What would be the criteria people would use in determining if they wanted to be friends with just some guy, do people use different criteria?Why do people become friends, for example, why are some people friends with Sean, he's just some guy isn't he
hmm.. well, with me, usually people i end up being friends with have a sense of humor or at least don't mind that I do; I can laugh at most anything, including myself-


stuff like political beliefs never are a problem, because most people agree that they are all crooks anyway; Things like money and status, material stuff they have, none of that ever even comes to mind -


Why would someone want to be friends with Sean? Because when he communicates on the forum, his personality comes through in bright, vivid color. It feels like you already know him. He is one of the major contributors to making this section stop for a minute, take a deep breath, relax, maybe laugh at a joke -- this is a contribution that is more important than some may realize, because nobody is going to grow in any way at all if everybody is so tense that all they do is point fingers at each other. So, thats why I think being friends with Sean is cool. He is a breath of fresh air, when people are trying to verbally kill each other.Why do people become friends, for example, why are some people friends with Sean, he's just some guy isn't he
All the people I know are just some guy or some gal. It is the connections that we share that create a friendship and those connections can vary wildly.





More deeply, each of my friendships seems to fill a need that I have. My Y!A friends seem to fill the place of jovial thinkers. Yes you make me laugh but beyond that you help me examine the ';why'; of my beliefs. We may not arrive at the same answers but you help me to go deeper. Thank you, by the way, for keeping me from the mindlessness.
When choosing my friends, I don't have criteria that need to be met. I'm friends with people from all walks of life. There are some people out there who I just never can be friends with. Why, I'm not sure. We just don't click.
I tend to befriend people who have similar interests and beliefs, but I don't discount someone just because they are interested in something I'm not. For example, I'm a libertarian who typically votes the democratic ticket. Does that mean I can't be friends with a staunch republican? Not at all! In fact, I have several friends who are just that. Size, shape, eye color, wealth, etc. never factor in to my equation at all.





I care more about respect and traits like a good sense of humor more than I care about anything else. I respect the differences in each of my friends. We find common ground and move on from there.
I'm friends with different types of people, actually some of my friends don't get along with each other.


I'm friends with people for different reasons. It doesn't matter to me what their shape or size is, their eye color or a hairy back.


Of course curious people are more fun than boring people.


I'm friends with people that are just some guy...really it makes no difference to me, as long as we get along and have some form of common ground.


Of course, they have to be accepting of me, and who I am...as I am with them. I can be myself with all of my friends.
to be my friend you need to buy me things and tell me I'm pretty.
Hello Sean, so鈥?:)





It is because I Love everyone..no matter what or if they believe in the Lord or not..





For me there in No criteria..if anyone asks me to be their friend I am here for them.. :)








In Jesus Most Precious Name..


With Love..In Christ.. :)
So far, it seems that we need only share one common interest, and be civil toward one another- we don't even share the same interests... just similar.





I like Sean, however because of the personality that is displayed when sharing these interests. The level of intelligence shows through, and I can develop a feeling of kinship just through context and similarity to my own opinions... in other words, Sean may only look like text and a picture right now, but right now that's all that I need... however I think my current project may wind up assigning a voice to the text and pics... IE you may be hearing from me sometime within the next few days.





edit:





Oh look! Another winner is going around thumbs downing people! Must be nice to be stupid..
Some common attributes of my friends - they make me laugh and they make me think. I can be myself around them, and they can do the same with me.





The most important thing, though, that all of my friends have in common...I would bend over backwards for those people, and they would do the same for me.
Heh hee, boy you wanted to save your points on this one...but since I do not do this Answers thing for points so I give some time to you. : )





I believe friendships form over time, but some rare occasion you can be friends instantly by circumstances. Like life and death, or birth of a child etc.


Funny is a good reason. To be funny or/and intelligent is relative.





I think that edification and friendly and corrective honesty walk hand in hand.





Appearance is not so big deal if all the other elements of friendship are there.





Singing and IQ are not problem normally.





I do not like nosy people but they need to be somehow interesting to be my friends.





Money is not that important in my friendships.





It depends on how available you make yourself for a friendship.





I do not sort my friends by religion, political view, or favorite sport or what kind of car they drive or if they even have a car.





I prefer people not to be obnoxious if they are my friends. Or at least all the time. I think it depends on how much you care and how much you want one to be a friend to someone. : )
Everybody has a different criteria.





Everybody also has a need to be wanted.





Some will bend over backwards to meet that need.


Some will care less not to have that need met.


Some will base that need on the needs of another.


Some will base that need on one's needs.


Some will base that need on nothing.





But all have the need to be wanted in one form or another!
i think different things matter to different people....i think having friends that have things in common with me, and are funny and kind are more important than whether they are smart or not.





and the internet makes it easier to see through all the bullshit sometimes because when you have anonymity, you are more free with your thoughts and opinions.
I like sean because he has good ideas for fertility rituals!!
  • long hair styles
  • curly hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment