Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I become friends with someone?

I'm a 13 year old girl turning 14 soon. I go to this youth orchestra every Sunday and am the youngest member (but there are some 14-15 year olds too; the oldest is 18). The problem is that people always seem to ignore me even if I smile and say hi.





I have one girl friend (just a friend, I'm not gay) at the orchestra but we're not that close; we've never hung out or anything. My chamber group is all boys so it's hard to find something to agree on doing.





I think it's because I'm ugly but ugly girls at my orchestra still have friends and are pretty popular. My mom's friends all think I'm really pretty but I don't think so. When I have spring break in a couple of weeks I'm going to get contact lenses (I wear glasses and look better without them), get some new clothes, shop for makeup for the first time with my mom, and try to improve my appearance. I have acne and I think that also lowers my self-esteem.





So how do I become close friends (like people you can casually hang out with all the time and invite to your house) with someone? I am also crushing on someone in the orchestra but I'm already unpopular so it's hard to imagine talking to him.





Thank you for reading this long question! I really appreciate it! :)How do I become friends with someone?
Don't allow your acne to lower your self esteem. If you think more of yourself, then others will also. Why don't you ask a question after you say ';';hi'; to these people? Complement them on what they're wearing and start a chat from there. Ask if they've seen a certain movie or talk about other things. Don't be afraid to voice your opinion. Please realize that you're just as good as anyone else in life. Do believe that you are worthy of the best. You're on the right track by getting contact lenses and trying to improve your appearance. Keep talking and opening up to these people and they will come around.How do I become friends with someone?
You want to know what you should work on first and for most? Higher self esteem. People will not respect you if you do not like yourself. Believe me, people can tell. So, work on your self esteem issues first, and perhaps you'll have an easier time making friends.
Write a letter declaring your intent to commence a friendship. Jokes...





Ask them about themselves, people like to talk about themselves, you might find something in common :).
confidence is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment