Friday, August 20, 2010

Is it hard to make new friends if you transfer schools?

I'm transferring to a new highschool soon and everyone there will already have their own group of friends. I'll have to get used to finding all my classes and get to know everyone.





It's going to be really tough to catch up with everything then find new friends. I'm wondering has anyone transferred schools in the 9th grade? Was it hard to find true friends??





And also...how do you become friends with someone?? Do you talk to them then ask them if you can sit with them at lunch?? Help? Is it hard to make new friends if you transfer schools?
Be yourself. Never change who you are to try and fit in. If your friends don't accept you for you, they're not really friends.





Make the first move. Anywhere, in the bathroom, near your locker, or at the water fountain, you can find someone that has things in common with you, all you need is to know how to approach them. Strike up a conversation, smile and compliment them, and, of course, introduce yourself and tell them where you came from! You never know where you can find a nice friend.





Yes, you can just ask them if they would mind you sitting with them.


Talk to them, be friendly, good luck!Is it hard to make new friends if you transfer schools?
At every school, there will be at least one or two groups that will invite you into theirs. On the first day of school, look for someone who is nice and friendly looking who sits by you, (I suggest to find this someone in your class right before lunch starts) So that you can just ask them if you can sit with them. I am sure that they will understand. :) Good luck :)
we moved around a lot as a kid and I never had any problems making friends in a new school.





you talk to them in class, you ask them about themselves, you try to find common interests.
no not at all!
I switched schools my 10th grade year, and it was actually easy for me to make new friends. My closest friends from that time (ones I still talk to, even now!) were in my art classes with me from grades 10-12.





Ways I met some of my new friends: chemistry class where we were lab partners, being seated at same table in art class, or sitting next to each other in class.





If you can, join some after school clubs or activities. That will be an easier way for you to make new friends as well.





You'll be amazed at how easy it is. It seems overwhelming at first. I was painfully shy my first day at my new school (I had transferred from a Catholic school where I was bullied, which made me feel painfully self-conscious), but the people in my classes were very nice and for the first time EVER in my remembered school life, I came home smiling from ear-to-ear that day :-)





Just be nice to everyone, and be yourself. You'll be making new friends before you know it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment